Everything we need to know about upcycling, we can learn from fungi

Upcycling a Bed Sheet





Hi, guys so I got this activity to upcycle waste material from plastic bottles to old jeans to literally anything. At first, I was nervous and excited at the same time. It was a hell of a rollercoaster ride for me. So, let's see how everything came together:

The Process...

     


  • Choosing the waste material

So, I was wondering and searching for the waste material that I can find in my house and I was surprised I found waste clothes not only for me but also for my 2 friends. I chose a torn bed sheet, and I had a rough idea of what I wanted to make.

  • Discovering Ideas
So, I had a rough idea that I want to make a tote bag and a laptop bag with the bed sheet but, add a little flufffffines to it.

So, I discussed this idea with my teacher Mr. Avik Roy and he liked the idea and said to go for it.

  • Process of making bags


P.S.- I didn't know cutting, stitching and using a sewing machine at all.

I was discovering my option I didn't know how to add that fluff or which kind of foam to use so I went to the shop and asked for foam I didn't realize it but bought a very thin foam and did all the cutting and quilting sir and ma'am in stitching lab at pearl academy helped me a lot and taught me how to use a sewing machine. But I realized that the foam I am using is very thin and not giving that fluffy look at all.

That was my first failed attempt. I was feeling sad but me being me decided that I'll do it correctly and went back to the shop again and asked for a thicker foam I bought it and started the whole process again I had help from my friends and sir in the stitching lab in college. 

I joined all the parts and made a tote bag and I was really happy with the results because it was the same as I thought in my mind.

you must be thinking what happened to the parts of that failed attempt did she throw them away?

Don't worry guys I didn't throw them away instead I used those parts and made a laptop bag out of it.

  • Results

     





Comments